The planning staff can assist you with questions regarding a variety of topics including:
- new development and redevelopment;
- 911 addressing;
- zoning, subdivision, and land use;
- variances and special use permits;
- transportation planning;
- urban design;
The mission of the Planning Department is to manage growth and promote the highest quality of development by:
- articulating the community vision of the Comprehensive Plan,
- providing information and creative recommendations based on sound planning practice,
- explaining and enforcing land use regulations, and
- supporting all other Departments in fulfilling the Town Mission.
Specifically, the Planning Department plans, directs, and manages all aspects of of comprehensive planning, development administration, inspections, and mapping processes. The Department is also responsible for budget and grant proposal preparation and administration, and planning and designing capital improvement projects.
Staff Contact Information:
Hope Cole, Planner; Assistant Zoning Administrator; CAD and Mapping Coordinator
Phone: (434) 575-4241 E-mail: email@example.com
Alan Auld, Director of public Works/Zoning Administrator E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need information regarding Engineering, Erosion and Sediment Control, or Storm water Control, contact the Director of Public Works Department Alan Auld - at 434.575.4252 or email@example.com.
Important Note on Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances
If you are looking for online information on the Zoning (Chapter 114) and Subdivision (Chapter 94) Ordinances, please refer to the online Town Code.
Zoning Map (2014)
If you have any questions, please call the Planning Office at 575-4241.